News in Brief
Public Charter Enrollment Up in District of Columbia
New data from education officials in the District of Columbia show enrollment at public schools is up, with charter schools driving the increase. Enrollment in regular public schools was up just 1 percent, to 46,191, while enrollment in charter schools jumped 9 percent, to 32,009. Mayor Vincent Gray said the numbers showed the school district had "turned the corner" after a decade of declining enrollment.
Vol. 31, Issue 12, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Chief Academic Officer
- Cristo Rey Network, Chicago, IL
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA