News in Brief
Public Charter Enrollment Up in District of Columbia
New data from education officials in the District of Columbia show enrollment at public schools is up, with charter schools driving the increase. Enrollment in regular public schools was up just 1 percent, to 46,191, while enrollment in charter schools jumped 9 percent, to 32,009. Mayor Vincent Gray said the numbers showed the school district had "turned the corner" after a decade of declining enrollment.
Vol. 31, Issue 12, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV