News in Brief
Public Charter Enrollment Up in District of Columbia
New data from education officials in the District of Columbia show enrollment at public schools is up, with charter schools driving the increase. Enrollment in regular public schools was up just 1 percent, to 46,191, while enrollment in charter schools jumped 9 percent, to 32,009. Mayor Vincent Gray said the numbers showed the school district had "turned the corner" after a decade of declining enrollment.
Vol. 31, Issue 12, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO