News in Brief
Public Charter Enrollment Up in District of Columbia
New data from education officials in the District of Columbia show enrollment at public schools is up, with charter schools driving the increase. Enrollment in regular public schools was up just 1 percent, to 46,191, while enrollment in charter schools jumped 9 percent, to 32,009. Mayor Vincent Gray said the numbers showed the school district had "turned the corner" after a decade of declining enrollment.
Vol. 31, Issue 12, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Executive Director
- Aspen Academy, Savage, MN