News in Brief
Public Charter Enrollment Up in District of Columbia
New data from education officials in the District of Columbia show enrollment at public schools is up, with charter schools driving the increase. Enrollment in regular public schools was up just 1 percent, to 46,191, while enrollment in charter schools jumped 9 percent, to 32,009. Mayor Vincent Gray said the numbers showed the school district had "turned the corner" after a decade of declining enrollment.
Vol. 31, Issue 12, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX