U.S. Requests Halt to Alabama's Law on Immigration
The federal government and a coalition of advocacy groups have asked the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to stop Alabama officials from enforcing a strict immigration law that they say has already driven Hispanic students from public schools. They warn that the law’s provisions open...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- High School Principal
- New Albany Plain Local Schools, New Albany, OH
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Diversity Hiring Fair
- The Potomac SChool, Mclean, VA