News in Brief
Alaska Settles Over Rural Schools
Alaska has agreed to settle a 14-year-old lawsuit that alleged inequities in funding for rural public schools. Terms of the agreement, which a judge must approve, call for funding five high-priority school construction projects in rural Alaska over the next four years. Legislation passed last year creates a formula for equity in future funding for construction of urban and rural schools, addressing another concern in the lawsuit.
Vol. 31, Issue 07, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh