News in Brief
Alaska Settles Over Rural Schools
Alaska has agreed to settle a 14-year-old lawsuit that alleged inequities in funding for rural public schools. Terms of the agreement, which a judge must approve, call for funding five high-priority school construction projects in rural Alaska over the next four years. Legislation passed last year creates a formula for equity in future funding for construction of urban and rural schools, addressing another concern in the lawsuit.
Vol. 31, Issue 07, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA