News in Brief
Alaska Settles Over Rural Schools
Alaska has agreed to settle a 14-year-old lawsuit that alleged inequities in funding for rural public schools. Terms of the agreement, which a judge must approve, call for funding five high-priority school construction projects in rural Alaska over the next four years. Legislation passed last year creates a formula for equity in future funding for construction of urban and rural schools, addressing another concern in the lawsuit.
Vol. 31, Issue 07, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Glenbrook North High School, Glenview, IL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL