News in Brief
Alaska Settles Over Rural Schools
Alaska has agreed to settle a 14-year-old lawsuit that alleged inequities in funding for rural public schools. Terms of the agreement, which a judge must approve, call for funding five high-priority school construction projects in rural Alaska over the next four years. Legislation passed last year creates a formula for equity in future funding for construction of urban and rural schools, addressing another concern in the lawsuit.
Vol. 31, Issue 07, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Claypit Hill Elementary School, Wayland, MA
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Executive Director, Human Resource Services (Data Analysis and Strategic Alignment)
- Duval County Public Schools, Multiple Locations