News in Brief
Memphis Merger Declared Legal
The voter-approved merger between Memphis' city schools and the Shelby County school district is legal, a federal judge has ruled, paving the way for the creation of a system with 150,000 students by 2013. The Memphis school board surrendered its right to exist last December to force a merger with the more successful county system. District Judge Samuel Mays ordered the county school board, which sued to block the merger, to plan to educate Memphis children after the districts combine.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL