News in Brief
Memphis Merger Declared Legal
The voter-approved merger between Memphis' city schools and the Shelby County school district is legal, a federal judge has ruled, paving the way for the creation of a system with 150,000 students by 2013. The Memphis school board surrendered its right to exist last December to force a merger with the more successful county system. District Judge Samuel Mays ordered the county school board, which sued to block the merger, to plan to educate Memphis children after the districts combine.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT