News in Brief
Memphis Merger Declared Legal
The voter-approved merger between Memphis' city schools and the Shelby County school district is legal, a federal judge has ruled, paving the way for the creation of a system with 150,000 students by 2013. The Memphis school board surrendered its right to exist last December to force a merger with the more successful county system. District Judge Samuel Mays ordered the county school board, which sued to block the merger, to plan to educate Memphis children after the districts combine.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Permanent Head of School
- The Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School, Kalamazoo, MI
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL