Business and Schools
"Partnership is a Two-Way Street: What It Takes for Business to Help Drive School Reform"
Business leaders can put a lasting imprint on education policy, according to a report released this month by the American Enterprise Institute, a Washington think tank.
The specifics of a strong partnership between the business community and education vary, the report says, but businesses seeking to have a significant impact on their local schools should embrace certain strategies. They include developing a sustained partnership rather than just getting involved for brief periods, hiring an expert point-person who understands K-12 policy and can develop a relationship with district leaders, and being willing to engage in policy issues and political debates.
Vol. 30, Issue 35, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Park City School District, Park City, UT