News in Brief
Idaho Lawmakers Aim to Thwart Reform Referendum
Facing the prospects of a referendum to recall their newly signed education laws, Idaho lawmakers began working on emergency legislation last week that would make the laws go into effect immediately. A group of parents and teachers union representatives have taken steps to launch a referendum to overturn the laws, which eliminate tenure for new teachers, restrict collective bargaining, and introduce merit pay.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Administrative Assistant
- AERO HYDROLIC INC, Chicago Heights, IL
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME