News in Brief
Idaho Lawmakers Aim to Thwart Reform Referendum
Facing the prospects of a referendum to recall their newly signed education laws, Idaho lawmakers began working on emergency legislation last week that would make the laws go into effect immediately. A group of parents and teachers union representatives have taken steps to launch a referendum to overturn the laws, which eliminate tenure for new teachers, restrict collective bargaining, and introduce merit pay.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDANT, OPERATIONS
- Fresno Unified School District, Fresno, CA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations