News in Brief
Idaho Lawmakers Aim to Thwart Reform Referendum
Facing the prospects of a referendum to recall their newly signed education laws, Idaho lawmakers began working on emergency legislation last week that would make the laws go into effect immediately. A group of parents and teachers union representatives have taken steps to launch a referendum to overturn the laws, which eliminate tenure for new teachers, restrict collective bargaining, and introduce merit pay.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Glenbrook North High School, Glenview, IL
- Executive Director
- Aspen Academy, Savage, MN
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA