News in Brief
N.J. School Cuts Ruled Unconstitutional
Gov. Chris Christie's $1 billion in cuts to school aid last year left New Jersey unable to meet its obligation to provide all children with a "thorough and efficient" education, a judge ruled last week. In looking at the issue for the state supreme court, Superior Court Judge Peter Doyne concluded that the Republican governor's cuts hit high-risk districts the hardest. The high court will now decide whether to do anything about it.
Vol. 30, Issue 26, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Director, K-12 Tools and Resources
- The College Board, new york 10023, NY
- Curriculum Manager - English Language Arts
- Apex Learning, Seattle, WA
- Outreach Director
- Panorama Education, Boston, MA
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC