News in Brief
N.J. School Cuts Ruled Unconstitutional
Gov. Chris Christie's $1 billion in cuts to school aid last year left New Jersey unable to meet its obligation to provide all children with a "thorough and efficient" education, a judge ruled last week. In looking at the issue for the state supreme court, Superior Court Judge Peter Doyne concluded that the Republican governor's cuts hit high-risk districts the hardest. The high court will now decide whether to do anything about it.
Vol. 30, Issue 26, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Principal - Marchman Technical Education Center
- Pasco County Schools, New Port Richey, FL
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE