News in Brief
N.J. School Cuts Ruled Unconstitutional
Gov. Chris Christie's $1 billion in cuts to school aid last year left New Jersey unable to meet its obligation to provide all children with a "thorough and efficient" education, a judge ruled last week. In looking at the issue for the state supreme court, Superior Court Judge Peter Doyne concluded that the Republican governor's cuts hit high-risk districts the hardest. The high court will now decide whether to do anything about it.
Vol. 30, Issue 26, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Vice President, Teacher Preparation Strategies
- National Council on Teacher Quality, Washington, DC
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL