News in Brief
N.J. School Cuts Ruled Unconstitutional
Gov. Chris Christie's $1 billion in cuts to school aid last year left New Jersey unable to meet its obligation to provide all children with a "thorough and efficient" education, a judge ruled last week. In looking at the issue for the state supreme court, Superior Court Judge Peter Doyne concluded that the Republican governor's cuts hit high-risk districts the hardest. The high court will now decide whether to do anything about it.
Vol. 30, Issue 26, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US