News in Brief
N.J. School Cuts Ruled Unconstitutional
Gov. Chris Christie's $1 billion in cuts to school aid last year left New Jersey unable to meet its obligation to provide all children with a "thorough and efficient" education, a judge ruled last week. In looking at the issue for the state supreme court, Superior Court Judge Peter Doyne concluded that the Republican governor's cuts hit high-risk districts the hardest. The high court will now decide whether to do anything about it.
Vol. 30, Issue 26, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR
- Superintendent of Schools
- Easton, Redding & Region 9 School Districts, Easton, CT
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ