News in Brief
Michelle Rhee Launches New Education Reform Group
Former District of Columbia schools Chancellor Michelle Rhee has announced the launch of a new public education reform coalition called Students First.
The coalition website says that the group represents a movement “to transform public education.” Details on the site show that its goals are largely congruent with Ms. Rhee’s initiatives in Washington’s schools, including putting an effective teacher in every classroom and making sure that students have access to good public schools regardless of where they live.
The website says that the group will press for “legislators, courts, district administrators, and school boards [to] create and enforce policies that put students first.”
Vol. 30, Issue 15, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Teaching and Learning Specialist
- Southern Poverty Law Center, Montgomery, AL
- Enrollment Ombudsman
- Hempstead Union Free School District, Long Island, NY
- Principal K3-8
- Summerville Catholic School, Summerville, SC
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Allegheny Valley School District, PA