News in Brief
Full-Time Board for San Francisco?
Four San Francisco supervisors are proposing turning the city's school board positions into full-time jobs, with health benefits, pensions, and a salary of $50,000. The city's seven school board members currently get a $500 stipend, shared use of a district car, and a life insurance policy, but no salary. The measure, which would require approval from city voters, would cost about $400,000.
Vol. 30, Issue 14, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director, Human Resource Services (Data Analysis and Strategic Alignment)
- Duval County Public Schools, Multiple Locations
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR
- Claypit Hill Elementary School, Wayland, MA
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY