News in Brief
Full-Time Board for San Francisco?
Four San Francisco supervisors are proposing turning the city's school board positions into full-time jobs, with health benefits, pensions, and a salary of $50,000. The city's seven school board members currently get a $500 stipend, shared use of a district car, and a life insurance policy, but no salary. The measure, which would require approval from city voters, would cost about $400,000.
Vol. 30, Issue 14, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL