News in Brief
Full-Time Board for San Francisco?
Four San Francisco supervisors are proposing turning the city's school board positions into full-time jobs, with health benefits, pensions, and a salary of $50,000. The city's seven school board members currently get a $500 stipend, shared use of a district car, and a life insurance policy, but no salary. The measure, which would require approval from city voters, would cost about $400,000.
Vol. 30, Issue 14, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- K12 Teacher
- Cuixmala School, Mexico
- Professional Development Specialist
- Center for Applied Linguistics, Washington, DC
- Invitation to Teaching Professionals to Score edTPA
- Pearson, US
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN