News in Brief
Okla. Must Fund Pensions
Oklahoma Attorney General Drew Edmondson has advised the state board of education that it must fund the teacher pension system, following the boards attempt to not pay $35 million into the program. Mr. Edmondson wrote that while the legislature had given the board some discretion for moving money around in programs, state law required Oklahoma officials to fund the pension system.
Vol. 30, Issue 14, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA