News in Brief
21st-Century-Skills Group Chooses New Leadership
The Partnership for 21st Century Skills, which has been pressing for the integration of skills such as global awareness and collaboration into academics, has hired Timothy Magner as its new executive director.
Mr. Magner, a former director of educational technology in the U.S. Department of Education, will succeed Ken Kay, who was the partnership’s founding president.
The leadership change comes as P21 moves from, Tucson, Ariz., to Washington to join the Council of Chief State School Officers as a “strategic management” partner. That working relationship appears to be deepening. The CCSSO, which helped spearhead the move to common-core academic standards—now adopted, at least in part, by 37 states and the District of Columbia—is now shaping the role it could play in implementing those standards, and P21 is working to boost its influence on education policy.
Vol. 30, Issue 07, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ