News in Brief
21st-Century-Skills Group Chooses New Leadership
The Partnership for 21st Century Skills, which has been pressing for the integration of skills such as global awareness and collaboration into academics, has hired Timothy Magner as its new executive director.
Mr. Magner, a former director of educational technology in the U.S. Department of Education, will succeed Ken Kay, who was the partnership’s founding president.
The leadership change comes as P21 moves from, Tucson, Ariz., to Washington to join the Council of Chief State School Officers as a “strategic management” partner. That working relationship appears to be deepening. The CCSSO, which helped spearhead the move to common-core academic standards—now adopted, at least in part, by 37 states and the District of Columbia—is now shaping the role it could play in implementing those standards, and P21 is working to boost its influence on education policy.
Vol. 30, Issue 07, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA