News in Brief
Ed. Dept. Giving $50 Million to Charters
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan announced last week that the department will give $50 million in grants to 12 charter management organizations to help expand their reach. According to the department, it is the first time the federal government has specifically sought to help top charter networks replicate their efforts.
Vol. 30, Issue 06, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ