News in Brief
Judge Tosses W.Va. School Boards' Lawsuit
A Kanawha County judge threw out a lawsuit filed against the state's Public Employees Insurance Agency, its finance board, and the state auditor by 50 of West Virginia's 55 county school boards. The boards want the state to have sole responsibility for funding retiree health-care costs. They said their liabilities ranged from $36,000 a year to nearly $1.1 million. The judge ruled that most of the counties issues involve the legislature, not the PEIA.
Vol. 30, Issue 06, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Talent Recruiter
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Glenwood Springs, CO
- Big Lake School District, Big Lake, MN, Big Lake, MN
- Superintendent of Schools
- Council Rock School District (Pennsylvania), Newtown, PA
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL