News in Brief
Federal Panel to Explore Fiscal Fairness
The U.S. Department of Education’s blueprint for reauthorizing the Elementary and Secondary Education Act includes a line about seeking greater “fiscal equity” in schools, but few specifics on how to do it. At the behest of two members of Congress, the department is now establishing a 15-member commission to explore that question. It closed the nominations for members this month. The commission will be run by the department’s office for civil rights and is slated to work for about 15 months.
Vol. 30, Issue 05, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations