News in Brief
Federal Panel to Explore Fiscal Fairness
The U.S. Department of Education’s blueprint for reauthorizing the Elementary and Secondary Education Act includes a line about seeking greater “fiscal equity” in schools, but few specifics on how to do it. At the behest of two members of Congress, the department is now establishing a 15-member commission to explore that question. It closed the nominations for members this month. The commission will be run by the department’s office for civil rights and is slated to work for about 15 months.
Vol. 30, Issue 05, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Office Assistant
- Bell Shore Florist, CA
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ