News in Brief
Lawsuit Links Rural Schools, National Security
Supporters of a small Arkansas school district sued the state late last month, claiming that the closure of rural schools threatens the country's security and food supply. A state law mandates closing school districts whose enrollments drop below 350 students for two years in a row. The lawsuit involved the Weiner school district, which merged with another district on July 1.
Vol. 29, Issue 36, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Chief Academic Officer
- Cristo Rey Network, Chicago, IL
- Head of School
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD