News in Brief
Lawsuit Links Rural Schools, National Security
Supporters of a small Arkansas school district sued the state late last month, claiming that the closure of rural schools threatens the country's security and food supply. A state law mandates closing school districts whose enrollments drop below 350 students for two years in a row. The lawsuit involved the Weiner school district, which merged with another district on July 1.
Vol. 29, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH