Gov. Says Wash. School Reform Is Required
Gov. Chris Gregoire said Tuesday that she'll keep lawmakers in Olympia until they resolve their debate over school reform.
"The one thing I do know we need to do before anyone goes home is reforms in the K-12 system," Gregoire said. "We're going to have to make that happen, not only for Race to the Top, but even more importantly to me, for the success of the children."
As the end of the legislative session nears, the Senate and the House had yet to reach a compromise on this session's two...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL