News in Brief
Union's Loss of Recognition Spurs Walkout in Arkansas
The Pulaski County, Ark., special school district’s board has voted to withdraw recognition of unions that represent teachers and the support staff, prompting a one-day work stoppage on Dec. 10.
The 4-2 vote Dec. 8 followed a confrontation between board members and union officials after the board announced it would delay action on new contracts.
Officials with the Pulaski Association of Classroom Teachers and the Pulaski Association of Support Staff criticized the boards failure to act on the proposed contracts. Negotiating teams representing the 18,000-student district and the unions had reached a tentative teachers agreement, and union membership had ratified the proposal.
Vol. 29, Issue 15, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL