News in Brief
Charter-Network Founder Repays Expenses Judged 'Unjustified'
Steve Barr, a nationally prominent Los Angeles charter school founder, has repaid his organization more than $50,000 after an internal review found that expenses he had charged were undocumented or unjustified.
The repayment was disclosed in a tax return filed this year by Green Dot Public Schools. Shane Martin, the chairman of Green Dot, said the costs at issue related to missing receipts and “isolated instances of expenses that were more extravagant than they needed to be.”
Mr. Barr, who remains on Green Dots executive board, left his position as chairman last month to work on Green Dot America, which he envisions doing school turnaround work.
Vol. 29, Issue 14, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- High School Principal, Chicago Public Schools
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Invitation to Teaching Professionals to Score edTPA
- Pearson, US
- Executive Director of Human Resources
- Nassau BOCES, Garden City, Long Island, NY
- Superintendent of Schools, Linn-Mar Community School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Marion, IA