News in Brief
Fla. District Chief Suspended in Official-Misconduct Case
The superintendent of the Monroe County, Fla., school district has been suspended by the governor after his arrest and indictment by a grand jury on charges of official misconduct.
Gov. Charlie Crist suspended Randy Acevedo without pay June 11. A grand jury had indicted Mr. Acevedo the day before on charges of obstructing information related to another felony affecting the 8,100-student school district. His wife, Monique Acevedo, was arrested on charges of grand theft April 30. Prosecutors allege that she stole more than $180,000 in tuition and fees from classes she ran as the district’s coordinator of adult education.
Vol. 28, Issue 35, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO