News in Brief
Fla. District Chief Suspended in Official-Misconduct Case
The superintendent of the Monroe County, Fla., school district has been suspended by the governor after his arrest and indictment by a grand jury on charges of official misconduct.
Gov. Charlie Crist suspended Randy Acevedo without pay June 11. A grand jury had indicted Mr. Acevedo the day before on charges of obstructing information related to another felony affecting the 8,100-student school district. His wife, Monique Acevedo, was arrested on charges of grand theft April 30. Prosecutors allege that she stole more than $180,000 in tuition and fees from classes she ran as the district’s coordinator of adult education.
Vol. 28, Issue 35, Pages 4-5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Chief Financial Officer
- Idaho Charter School Network, Boise, ID
- Permanent Head of School
- The Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School, Kalamazoo, MI