News in Brief
Ex-Treasurer of Ark. School Group Pleads Guilty to Stealing Money
The former treasurer for a parent-teacher organization in Bentonville, Ark., has pleaded guilty to stealing from a fund for an elementary school and has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
Heather Diann Jennings, 32, was ordered last week to also pay $20,000 in restitution. Bentonville police arrested Ms. Jennings in 2007 after finding she allegedly stole $23,000 from the Sugar Creek Elementary School’s organization.
Bank statements showed that Ms. Jennings wrote checks to her husband and to Home Depot, Radio Shack, Discovery Store, and other stores where the organization did no business. Also, a number of cash deposits were missing, including $6,000 from fundraisers.
Vol. 28, Issue 31, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Kindergarten teacher
- Saint Sophia School, Holladay, UT
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Deputy Chief Academic Supports Officer
- School District of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA