News in Brief
Federal Appeals Court Upholds Ruling on Little Rock Desegregation
A federal appeals court has upheld a judge’s ruling that the Little Rock school district has met terms of a long-standing desegregation order.
A three-judge panel of the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, in St. Louis, ruled unanimously on April 2 that a lawyer representing a group of black parents and students did not present sufficient evidence to warrant overturning a 2007 ruling by U.S. District Court Judge William R. Wilson Jr.
The plaintiffs had challenged the methods used to evaluate the district’s desegregation.
Vol. 28, Issue 28, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Administrative Assistant
- AERO HYDROLIC INC, Chicago Heights, IL
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA