News in Brief
Federal Appeals Court Upholds Ruling on Little Rock Desegregation
A federal appeals court has upheld a judge’s ruling that the Little Rock school district has met terms of a long-standing desegregation order.
A three-judge panel of the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, in St. Louis, ruled unanimously on April 2 that a lawyer representing a group of black parents and students did not present sufficient evidence to warrant overturning a 2007 ruling by U.S. District Court Judge William R. Wilson Jr.
The plaintiffs had challenged the methods used to evaluate the district’s desegregation.
Vol. 28, Issue 28, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX