News in Brief
Federal Appeals Court Upholds Ruling on Little Rock Desegregation
A federal appeals court has upheld a judge’s ruling that the Little Rock school district has met terms of a long-standing desegregation order.
A three-judge panel of the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, in St. Louis, ruled unanimously on April 2 that a lawyer representing a group of black parents and students did not present sufficient evidence to warrant overturning a 2007 ruling by U.S. District Court Judge William R. Wilson Jr.
The plaintiffs had challenged the methods used to evaluate the district’s desegregation.
Vol. 28, Issue 28, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Administrative Director
- Berks Career and Technology Center, Leesport, PA
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA