Arizona Voucher Programs Lose in State's High Court
The Arizona Supreme Court has struck down two specialized voucher programs, ruling that they violate the state constitution's prohibition on providing state aid to private religious and secular schools.
As a result of the March 25 decision, the estimated 450 students in the two programs—one for students with disabilities and another for those living in foster care—will lose their state-funded scholarships at the end of...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY