Lead and Children
"Elevated Blood Lead in Young Children Due to Lead-Contaminated Drinking Water: Washington, D.C. 2001-2004"
A change in the process to disinfect water in the District of Columbia led to a spike in lead blood levels in many city children, says a report to be published in an upcoming issue of the journal Environmental Science and Technology . Lead exposure in children has been linked to lower IQ...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Director of Product Marketing, Assessment
- Scholastic Inc., Manhattan, NY
- Notre Dame Cristo Rey High School, Lawrence, MA
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA
- Flagler County Public Schools, Bunnell, FL