News in Brief
Districts in D.C., Some Suburbs Cancel Classes for Inauguration
Many school districts in the Washington area have canceled classes for Inauguration Day in January, or are considering that step.
Classes are canceled for the District of Columbia public schools and for Virginia schools in Alexandria, Arlington, and Fairfax and Loudoun counties. Prince William County, Va., schools will have a half-day of classes.
In Maryland, Montgomery County schools will remain open, but the Prince George’s County school board was considering an emergency resolution last week to cancel classes.
Vol. 28, Issue 13, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations