News in Brief
Districts in D.C., Some Suburbs Cancel Classes for Inauguration
Many school districts in the Washington area have canceled classes for Inauguration Day in January, or are considering that step.
Classes are canceled for the District of Columbia public schools and for Virginia schools in Alexandria, Arlington, and Fairfax and Loudoun counties. Prince William County, Va., schools will have a half-day of classes.
In Maryland, Montgomery County schools will remain open, but the Prince George’s County school board was considering an emergency resolution last week to cancel classes.
Vol. 28, Issue 13, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Commissioner of Education
- CT State Department of Education, Hartford, CT
- Portsmouth School Department, Portsmouth, NH
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Piedmont Unified School District
- Piedmont Unified School District, Piedmont, CA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL