News in Brief
Vallas Extends Stay
Paul G. Vallas, whose contract with the Recovery School District in New Orleans was set to expire in June, has said he will stay on as superintendent of the state-run district at least through the 2009-10 school year, according to a report last week in The Times-Picayune. Mr. Vallas agreed to stay an additional year since the departure of his chief of staff, Kelvin Adams, who was named the new superintendent in St. Louis.
Vol. 28, Issue 11, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Claypit Hill Elementary School, Wayland, MA
- Executive Director, Human Resource Services (Data Analysis and Strategic Alignment)
- Duval County Public Schools, Multiple Locations
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR