Board Bus, Plug In, Earn Some Credits
Students in a rural Arkansas district have found a way to put their long bus rides to good use: work on math and science enrichment.
The Aspirnaut Initiative , a program based at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, has begun furnishing students in the 4,300 student Sheridan, Ark., district with laptops and iPods to use for extra instruction in math and science. The state legislature has expressed interest...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Florence Public School District One, Florence, SC
- Senior Technical Assistance Consultant (7372)
- American Institutes for Research, Naperville, IL
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY