Aid Project Targets Gulf Coast Schools
As Roman Catholic schools and parishes across the Gulf Coast region struggle to recover from Hurricanes Ike and Gustav, the National Catholic Educational Association has launched a fundraising campaign to help out.
The Washington-based organization said it is asking the estimated 6.3 million students enrolled in Catholic schools and parish religious education programs around the country to donate $1 each to help their counterparts in the Gulf region.
“Some of these folks are suffering for the second or third time around” from recent hurricanes, said Karen M. Ristau, the president of the NCEA. After Hurricane Katrina in 2005, her group launched a similar campaign, which ultimately...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY