News in Brief
D.C. Voucher Program Survives:
The private-school-voucher program for the District of Columbia would continue for another year, under a budget plan approved by a key U.S. House panel, despite recent questions about the program’s future. The full House Appropriations Committee on June 25 approved by a voice vote a spending measure that includes $14.8 million for the school voucher plan in fiscal 2009, the same level as in the current fiscal year. The program, which uses federal funds to pay private school tuition for about 1,900 low-income families in the nation’s capital, awaits action in the full House and in a Senate committee.
Vol. 27, Issue 43, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Director of Academic and Strategic Initiatives - Instruction
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Annapolis, MD
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ