News in Brief
Green Dot, N.Y.C. Teachers’ Union Clear Hurdle for Starting Charter
A panel of New York education officials has approved a new charter high school for the South Bronx to be jointly operated by the Los Angeles-based Green Dot Public Schools and the United Federation of Teachers, which represents New York City’s 110,000 teachers and school staff members.
Approval of the charter school by the State University of New York board of trustees paves the way for final approval from the state board of regents later this year. If approved, the new high school would open in the fall of 2008.
Vol. 27, Issue 11, Page 5
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Dean Reich College of Education
- Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
- Dunlap Community Unit School Dist. No. 323, Peoria, IL