More than 100 K-12 public school districts and 147 colleges and universities have enacted policies banning discrimination against students based on gender identity or expression, according to a study by the Washington-based Gender Public Advocacy Coalition.
One-third of college students surveyed reported being harassed on campus for not conforming to traditional masculine or feminine roles. The most effective way to eliminate gender-based discrimination is to implement nondiscrimination policies, says the study. Researchers gathered data from 496 students and administrators from 278 colleges, universities, and school districts.
Vol. 27, Issue 02, Page 5
- CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDANT, OPERATIONS
- Fresno Unified School District, Fresno, CA
- Green Chimneys, Brewster, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery CSD, Highland Falls, NY