Learning Where They Teach
Pursuing its own vision of classroom quality, a charter school chain is staking out turf on the teacher-training terrain.
The backgrounds of teachers at a batch of sibling charter schools here aren’t easy to pigeonhole. Alfred R. Solis majored in mechanical engineering in college and worked in the private sector for about six years.
Michelle S. Pledger traveled the world, teaching in Chile and Japan, and has a master’s degree in Pacific international affairs.
James O. Holmes spent a decade as a teacher and dean in Texas private schools, and earned a master’s degree in educational administration from...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO