Missouri Trial Opens
What’s expected to be a several-weeks-long school finance trial began last week in Missouri. Nearly half the state’s school districts, represented by the umbrella group Committee for Education Equality, filed a lawsuit in Cole County Circuit Court in January 2004. The lawsuit argues that Missouri school districts aren’t receiving “sufficient” money to provide a “proper and adequate” education as required by the state constitution. Several school superintendents and national school finance experts are expected to testify at the...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Prince George's County Public Schools, Prince George`s County, MD
- Vermont Secretary of Education
- Vermont State Board of Education, VT
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ