On the Road for Better Ideas
Pittsburgh group tours two dozen high schools.
Seven cities in 2½ weeks. Sound like a touring schedule for a rock band? Nope. Try a high school reform task force from Pittsburgh.
The group just wrapped up a tour of 24 high schools as part of its work to reconceptualize and rework secondary education in the Steel City.
Between mid-September and early October, subsets of the 23-person task force roamed the hallways of exemplary schools from Boston to Detroit to Dallas to get a firsthand look at strategies that emerged as promising in...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Regional Area Partner
- Focus EduVation, US
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV