News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
School Tool Kits Issued for Hispanic Families
The Department of Education last week released a tool kit of resources that Hispanic families can use to improve their children’s performance in school.
The tool kit includes nine department publications in English and Spanish, including “Questions Parents Ask About Schools,” “A Guide for Reading,” and “Helping Your Child Succeed in School.”
The materials will be distributed to schools throughout this month, and are also available online. The information is designed for families of children in preschool through high school.
In a statement, Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings said the resource and other administration initiatives will help “put a stop to the inexcusable dropout rate among Hispanic students and other minority children, including those who are limited English proficient.”
The Tool Kit for Hispanic Families is available on the Web at www.edpubs.org.
Vol. 25, Issue 02, Page 33
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA