News in Brief: A National Roundup
Charter Plans Dropped
Three organizations seeking to open charter schools in Buffalo, N.Y., next fall have withdrawn their applications. They announced their decisions last month, after state officials found shortcomings in their applications. Organizers of two of the schools told The Buffalo News they would revise and resubmit their applications in hopes of opening in fall 2006.
The 38,000-student district had hoped to sponsor a network of charter schools, but school board support for that plan has eroded.
Vol. 24, Issue 28, Page 4
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT