News in Brief: A National Roundup
Charter Plans Dropped
Three organizations seeking to open charter schools in Buffalo, N.Y., next fall have withdrawn their applications. They announced their decisions last month, after state officials found shortcomings in their applications. Organizers of two of the schools told The Buffalo News they would revise and resubmit their applications in hopes of opening in fall 2006.
The 38,000-student district had hoped to sponsor a network of charter schools, but school board support for that plan has eroded.
Vol. 24, Issue 28, Page 4
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY