News in Brief: A National Roundup
Charter Plans Dropped
Three organizations seeking to open charter schools in Buffalo, N.Y., next fall have withdrawn their applications. They announced their decisions last month, after state officials found shortcomings in their applications. Organizers of two of the schools told The Buffalo News they would revise and resubmit their applications in hopes of opening in fall 2006.
The 38,000-student district had hoped to sponsor a network of charter schools, but school board support for that plan has eroded.
Vol. 24, Issue 28, Page 4
- Permanent Head of School
- The Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School, Kalamazoo, MI
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Chief Financial Officer
- Idaho Charter School Network, Boise, ID
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Wissahickon School District, PA