Education Dept.’s Exit Door May Open Soon
Other Personnel Shifts Likely to Accompany Change at Helm
The impending departure of Secretary of Education Rod Paige and the start of President Bush’s new term are expected to result in an exodus and a reshuffling of high-ranking personnel at the Department of Education.
Washington observers expect a number of political appointees to follow Mr. Paige out the door, including Deputy Secretary Eugene W. Hickok, the department’s No. 2 official.
With a second presidential term and a new secretary at the helm, it’s not unusual to see wide turnover...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Director of Product Marketing, Assessment
- Scholastic Inc., Manhattan, NY
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Flagler County Public Schools, Bunnell, FL
- Notre Dame Cristo Rey High School, Lawrence, MA