Click It: A Web Roundup
Taking IT Global
Taking IT Global is an online nonprofit organization that makes it easier for classrooms to expand their reach beyond school walls. The site is a social-networking tool, collaborative-learning community, and news resource rolled into one. Anyone can register for a free Taking IT Global account, but the educational features require a base payment of $30 a year. The paid enrollment includes some added features that allow teachers to create online classrooms. Each classroom space is equipped with tools to blog, podcast, share photos and video, send direct messages, and share online files. Teachers can choose to collaborate with just their own students, or they can work with other classrooms in global partnerships. Users benefit from a community of participants who actively contribute content and post news, as well as participate in discussions about cultural issues affecting global life.
Vol. 04, Issue 01
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- K-12 Teacher
- TIE, Hyannis, MA
- Executive Director of Special Education
- Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore, MD
- Music Teachers (2) (K-6 and K-8)
- School District of Marshfield, Marshfield, WI
- Content Developer - Education
- LRP Publications, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- High School Chemistry Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Italy