College & Workforce Readiness Opinion

What To Do With an Academically Disinterested Senior Boy

By Richard Whitmire — December 29, 2010 1 min read
  • Save to favorites
  • Print

Have him take a gap year, as The Wall Street Journal describes. The track record of boys like this going directly to college -- with the parents hoping for the best -- is not great. Many just continue their slacker ways.

Related Tags:

The opinions expressed in Why Boys Fail are strictly those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of Editorial Projects in Education, or any of its publications.