Reading skills are crucial to the academic achievement of students at the middle and high school levels. Do your students have the strategic reading skills they need to succeed? Do your teachers effectively integrate reading instruction into their classes? What do your teachers do if they have students who have difficulty reading?
Through this resource you and your staff will learn: approaches to help poor readers develop good reading habits; ways to increase student interest in reading for pleasure; how to effectively incorporate reading into subject areas; and how to motivate students to become engaged readers. 132 pages.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: The Need for High-Quality Literacy Instruction in Secondary Schools
- Phonics versus Literature Immersion: What Struggling Readers Need
- Motivational Factors Related to Reading
- Approaches for Actively Engaging Students in Reading
- Developing Good Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Assessment: Purposes and Approaches
- Issues Specific to Content-Area Reading
- Schoolwide Support for Literacy Instruction
Bulk discount: Purchase 1-4 copies for $20 each, 5-9 copies for $17.50 each, or 10+ copies for $15 each (discount applied at checkout)