Last week, President Trump released his full budget proposal for the U.S. Department of Education. The proposed budget would cut funding for a variety of programs, while increasing investment in school choice initiatives. What does this mean for educators?
In this video, originally streamed on Facebook Live, Education Week’s Andrew Ujifusa hashes out the details of the education budget with Prince George’s County, Md., Schools CEO Kevin Maxwell.
- Trump Budget Would Slash Education Dept. Spending, Boost School Choice
- DeVos, Democrats Wage War Over Budget Cuts, Students’ Rights Under Vouchers
- Proposed Budget Cuts for Disadvantaged Students Would Hit These States Hardest
- Former Ed. Secretary Lambasts Budget, Questions Efficacy of Vouchers (Video)
- What Does Trump’s Proposed Budget Mean for Schools? (Video)
For more videos, check out the EdWeek Video Gallery.
A version of this news article first appeared in the On Air: A Video Blog blog.