In looking for your perfect teaching job, with so many opportunities available, there are some considerations to be made besides location, salary and benefits:
- Being a mentor
- Professional development offerings/availability
- Special programming
- Opportunities for growth and leadership
- Are you willing to relocate? (What does that look like for you?)
At the end of an interview, many employers will ask if you have any questions for them. Make them meaningful. Do not ask about salary or benefits. Pull from the above list or create your own. Examples:
- What types of professional development opportunities do you offer your staff?
- I am looking at becoming a leader within my school within my first five years; does your district offer any programs, recommendations or incentives?
- I am not familiar with your math program; will there be training offered prior to the start of school so I can best serve my students?
Amy Spruce, Human Resources
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
The opinions expressed in Career Corner are strictly those of the author(s) and do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of Editorial Projects in Education, or any of its publications.