An Education Week Special Report
How students feel about school has high-stakes implications for the rest of their lives. The hallmarks of a disengaged student are well-known—poor attendance, low achievement, and too often, giving up on school completely.
But cultivating the conditions and nurturing the relationships that allow all students to thrive in school require hard and deliberate work. In this report, Education Week takes an expansive look at student engagement and motivation and a range of strategies schools, educators, advocates, and parents are using to help students get—and stay—vested in their learning. In the resulting stories, it's clear that relationships are the linchpin.
Education Week Experts
Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017, 2 to 3 p.m. ET
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- President- Saint Martin de Porres High School
- Saint Martin de Porres High School, Cleveland, Ohio
- Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, Virginia
- Principal K-8
- Marana Unified School District, Tucson, Arizona
- Vice President, Schools
- Innovate Public Schools, San Jose, California
- Head of School Gulf Stream School
- Gulf Stream School, Gulf Stream, Florida