State Grades on K-12 Education: Map and Rankings
Examine the grades and scores that states and the nation earned on Quality Counts 2018 with this interactive map, grade-summary table, and top-to-bottom ranking. For a description of what these education indicators mean, view the grading scale and methodology.
Note to readers: The data in the charts below were updated Oct. 10, 2018 to reflect the most current results from federal reading and math tests. Scores and grades, which were initially published on Jan. 17, 2018 with the release of the first installment of Quality Counts 2018, have been updated for the following categories: Overall (below), Chance for Success, and K-12 Achievement. To access an archive version of the original data, click here. (Updated scores and grades appear only in these online data visualizations. We did not retroactively edit any analyses of the original data or PDF editions of the January installment.)
- • Get more information on individual states with State Highlights Reports
- • View the grading scale, methodology, sources, and notes
- • See Also: "Nation's Schools Stuck in 'Average' Range on Annual Report Card"
- • See Also: "What Can the Nation Do to Shift Schools Out of Neutral?"
- • See Also: "Five Common Traits of the Top School Systems"
- • See Also: "Five Hurdles That Keep School Systems From Improving"
Vol. 35, Issue 17