What skills do students really need for work?
In survey after survey, employers complain that today’s young job candidates lack practical skills in reading, writing, speaking, and digital literacy. In this special report, Education Week probes the disconnect between what schools teach and what the workplace demands and highlights how some K-12 educators are attempting to bridge those gaps.
Education Week Experts
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Special Education Middle/High School Principal
- AHRC New York City, New York (Manhattan) County, New York
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Assistant Superintendent for Support Services
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.