What skills do students really need for work?
In survey after survey, employers complain that today’s young job candidates lack practical skills in reading, writing, speaking, and digital literacy. In this special report, Education Week probes the disconnect between what schools teach and what the workplace demands and highlights how some K-12 educators are attempting to bridge those gaps.
Education Week Experts
REPRINT THIS REPORT
Contact [email protected].
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Teacher (K4-8) Monolingual English or Bilingual English/Spanish
- La Causa, Inc. / La Causa Charter School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- Kindergarten Teacher
- SOAR Elementary School, Denver, Colorado
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Account Executive - Territory Sales Representative K-12 - Texas
- Abre, Nationwide