Five years ago, a U.S.-led coalition of troops invaded Iraq. Jordan and Syria have borne the weight of the exodus of more than 2 million Iraqis from their homeland. Only 3,000 Iraqis fleeing from the war have been resettled in the United States. Education Week looks at the impact of a new policy in Jordan to open its public schools to Iraqi children regardless of their legal status in the country. Many of those refugees missed as many as four years of school. And many are still out of school despite the new policy.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Teacher and Teaching Assistants (Birth - Grade 2)
- League Education and Treatment Center, Brooklyn, New York
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Superintendent, Malverne Union Free School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Malverne, New York
- Founding Principal
- Academies of Math and Science, Phoenix, Arizona
- Assistant Principal, Elementary & Secondary (see addt'l job info.)
- Washoe County School District, Reno, NV, US