Published Online: November 14, 2011
Photo Gallery: Working Towards a Better Life
The GED is undergoing a major overhaul to transform it into a path to postsecondary training rather than the end of formal education. This slideshow follows Jose Franco, 25, a student at the GED Bridge to Health program at La Guardia Community College in Long Island City, N.Y. Mr. Franco hopes to someday work in the medical profession.
Vol. 30, Issue 12
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Anticipated Evaluation Team Leader Fall 17
- Springfield Public Schools, Springfield, MA
- Assistant Professor-Elementary Generalist
- The College of Idaho, Caldwell, ID
- Brevard Public Schools, Melbourne, FL
- Part-Time Online ESL teacher
- 51Talk, US
- Communities In Schools of North Carolina, Raleigh, NC