The Global Challenge: Education in a Competitive World
Thursday, Jan. 12, 2012 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET
Education Week, American education’s newspaper of record, released Quality Counts 2012 on Jan. 12. The event featured the governor of this year's top-ranked state, former U.S. Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings, and other education leaders.
This year, the 16th edition of the report—The Global Challenge: Education in a Competitive World—takes a critical look at the nation’s place among the world’s public education systems and provides a fresh perspective on the political, social, and cultural challenges America faces in meeting the demands of an interconnected world economy.
|KEYNOTE CONVERSATIONS||STATE LEADERSHIP ADDRESS|
Director General, Center for International Mobility (Finland), Author of Finnish Lessons
President and CEO, Margaret Spellings & Company, Former U.S. Secretary of Education
Governor of Maryland, the top-ranked state for Quality Counts 2012
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY