The Global Challenge: Education in a Competitive World
Thursday, Jan. 12, 2012 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET
Education Week, American education’s newspaper of record, released Quality Counts 2012 on Jan. 12. The event featured the governor of this year's top-ranked state, former U.S. Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings, and other education leaders.
This year, the 16th edition of the report—The Global Challenge: Education in a Competitive World—takes a critical look at the nation’s place among the world’s public education systems and provides a fresh perspective on the political, social, and cultural challenges America faces in meeting the demands of an interconnected world economy.
|KEYNOTE CONVERSATIONS||STATE LEADERSHIP ADDRESS|
Director General, Center for International Mobility (Finland), Author of Finnish Lessons
President and CEO, Margaret Spellings & Company, Former U.S. Secretary of Education
Governor of Maryland, the top-ranked state for Quality Counts 2012
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Commissioner of Education
- CT State Department of Education, Hartford, CT
- Portsmouth School Department, Portsmouth, NH
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Superintendent, Piedmont Unified School District
- Piedmont Unified School District, Piedmont, CA