Writing to Learn Across the Curriculum
Writing is a fundamental skill--most people engage in writing activities everyday to write letters, make lists, fill out applications, and jot down notes. Given the importance of writing in society, the improvement of students' writing skills should be a significant focus of school curricula from the early elementary grades through high school. This Focus On briefly reviews ways in which writing can be used as a tool to support content-area instruction while simultaneously helping students develop writing skills. In addition, suggestions are provided for ways this can be done that enhance--not detract from--the time available for content-area instruction. As with all issues of the Focus On series, it features helpful classroom practices and teaching techniques that you can replicate, and a variety of different print and online resources you can turn to for additional information.
Bulk discount: Purchase 15 or more copies for $3.00 each (discount applied at checkout)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Free Online K-12 STEM Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Birmingham, AL Public Schools Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fai
- Birmingham City Schools, Birmingham, AL
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Charlottesville, Virginia Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Albemarle County Public Schools, Charlottesville, VA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Boston, Massachusetts Public Schools Join Our Free Online STEM
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Milwaukee, Wisconsin SchoolsJoin Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI