What We Know About: Helping Struggling Learners in the Elementary and Middle Grades
- Curriculum and Instruction
Helping students to become active and engaged learners at an early age is key to their success throughout their school years not only to raise test scores but to raise student achievement in a more meaningful way. If school staff work together, making maximum use of the knowledge base about teaching and learning, they will help students become more engaged, independent, and effective learners.
This report demonstrates that helping struggling learners become successful requires more than an emphasis on basic skills. The report addresses topics such as individualizing instruction, effective reading and math instruction for struggling learners, ways to help students develop as more effective learners, student motivation, effective classroom management, and the characteristics of good teaching. Each of these will help educators develop a multifaceted approach to help teachers meet the needs of their struggling learners. 142 pages.
Bulk discount: Purchase 1-4 copies for $20 each, 5-9 copies for $17.50 each, or 10+ copies for $15 each (discount applied at checkout)
Table of Contents
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Professor-Elementary Generalist
- The College of Idaho, Caldwell, ID
- Brevard Public Schools, Melbourne, FL
- Anticipated Evaluation Team Leader Fall 17
- Springfield Public Schools, Springfield, MA
- Part-Time Online ESL teacher
- 51Talk, US
- LBSI Teacher with Special Education Early Childhood Endorsement
- New Horizon Center, Chicago, IL