Race to the Top: Win, Lose, and Draw ConclusionsThursday, September 2, 2 p.m. Eastern time
Click here for more information about this chat.
Note: No special equipment other than Internet access is needed to participate in any of our text-based chats.
Live Chat: Race to the Top: Win, Lose, and Draw ConclusionsThursday, September 2, 2 p.m. Eastern time
Sign up here to receive an email reminder about this chat.
Eleven states and the District of Columbia have each won a share of the $4 billion federal Race to the Top prize intended to jump-start education reforms. Now comes the hard part: delivering on the promises they made in two hard-fought rounds of competition for the economic-stimulus money. Education Week’s state policy reporter Sean Cavanagh and congressional reporter and Politics K-12 blogger Alyson Klein will answer questions about the competition, how it’s already helped drive policy changes at the state level, and what lies ahead for the Obama administration’s signature education reform initiative.
Sean Cavanagh who covers state policy at Education Week, has been a reporter for the newspapers since 2002. During that time he has covered math and science education, vocational education and other issues. Recently he’s reported on states’ pursuit of Race to the Top funding and their plans to make use of that money to change school policy.
All questions are screened by an edweek.org editor prior to posting. A question is not displayed until the moderator poses it to the guest(s). Due to the volume of questions received, we cannot guarantee that all questions will be answered, or answered in the order of submission. Guests and hosts may decline to answer any questions. Concise questions are strongly encouraged.
Please be sure to include your name when posting your question.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Charlottesville, Virginia Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Albemarle County Public Schools, Charlottesville, VA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Seattle, Washington Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Mercer Island School District, Mercer Island, WA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Boston, Massachusetts Public Schools Join Our Free Online STEM
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Birmingham, AL Public Schools Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fai
- Birmingham City Schools, Birmingham, AL
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Milwaukee, Wisconsin SchoolsJoin Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI